Aftercare / Recovery Care
At Simcoe Addiction and Mental Health, we understand that achieving lasting wellness requires ongoing support and care beyond the initial stages of treatment. That’s why we offer comprehensive and impactful aftercare meetings to empower our clients on their path to a healthier, happier life.
Our Aftercare and Recovery Care services serve as a vital bridge between the structured treatment program and reintegration into daily life. These groups and one-on-one calls provide a safe and nurturing environment for individuals to connect with others who have walked a similar path, fostering a sense of community and understanding. Here, individuals find the encouragement, empathy, and motivation they need to stay on track and navigate life’s challenges.
Free Lifetime Aftercare
At SAMH, we prioritize the continuity of care, recognizing that the journey to recovery is a lifelong commitment, which is why we offer Free Lifetime Aftercare.
Led by experienced and compassionate addiction and mental health professionals, our aftercare meetings are tailored to meet the unique needs of each participant. Through group discussions and educational sessions, participants gain valuable insights into coping strategies, relapse prevention techniques, and healthy ways to manage stress and emotions. We aim to equip our clients with the tools and resources they need to maintain their progress and lead fulfilling lives.
We believe that the journey to lasting recovery is an ongoing process that requires consistent support and guidance. That’s why we offer our clients a lifeline to continued recovery through Recovery Care.
Recovery Care consists of monthly one-on-one counselling sessions for 3 months and are designed to provide clients with the tools, encouragement, and accountability necessary to navigate life’s complexities and maintain the strides they have made. During these calls, clients will have the opportunity to connect with a counsellor and discuss their progress, celebrate achievements, and address any concerns or obstacles they may be facing.
No matter where you are in your recovery journey, through our Aftercare and Recovery Care we are here to remind you that you are not alone. Together, we’ll navigate the ups and downs, celebrate milestones, and foster a sense of resilience that will guide you through life’s uncertainties.
Some points to remember for when you are in recovery:
- Get vulnerable! Ask for help. Although you may feel ashamed, guilty or upset, reach out and reconnect with assistance. If lapsing occurs, reconnect immediately with your supportive network. Get back on track before relapse occurs. Lapsing (aka. Slips) can be addressed and worked on quite easily. Relapsing is returning to the old behaviours. During this time it is challenging to find the motivation to get back on track and reconnect.
- You are NOT ALONE! You have numerous resources to use. Use them!
- Find people who support and are cheering you on
- Be patient. You will not be fixed after your stay. You will be working on yourself daily after treatment and you will eventually start to experience the benefits of your hard work. You will likely see more physical and psychological recovery. Be patient. It will get better!
- Believe in yourself. Avoid following the narrative in your head that maybe self defeating.
- Remember everyday to practice creating a mindset of gratitude for the things that are going well for you. The more you do this, the more and more your brain starts to change, and outlook begins to improve.
- Refrain from drinking or using drugs.
- When a craving arises, reach out to our team or your support system for additional help.