At SAMH, we understand that the most challenging part about going to treatment is the first phone call and the time in-between admission. Our staff is here to support you right from the beginning. A staff member will work with you right up until you arrive onsite. We understand that sometimes the idea of making such a life changing commitment may be hard and may lead to anxiety and fear. Let us make this process as easy as possible by supporting you and your loved ones.
Prior to admission, you will be required to complete a confidential pre-assessment and a dedicated team member will be available to support you through this process.
A short administration process will follow. Once intake documents are completed, a house tour will be provided, and you will be shown to your room.
To participate in Simcoe Addiction & Mental Health, you must be:
- Over 18 years of age
- Capable of self-care
- Physically and medically stable to take part in treatment
- Motivated to take part in your own recovery
Note: Complimentary Laundry facility on site with detergent and fabric softener provided. Bedding and towels are provided
What should you bring to treatment?
- Photo ID (e.g. Drivers License, Approved School ID)
- Government Issues Health Card
- Medical & Prescription Coverage Cards (if applicable)
- Prescribed Medication*
- Over-the-counter medication and supplements.
- A list of all medications with dosages and frequencies**
- A list of all treating physicians, psychiatrist, along with phone numbers
- Weather appropriate comfortable clothing
- Fitness wear (sweats, shorts, running shoes)
- Modest bathing suits for aqua therapy
- Raincoat/umbrella for inclement weather
- Indoor shoes
- Sunscreen and bug repellent
- Toiletries: make-up, shampoo, soap, toothbrush, shaving articles, hairdryer, straightener, etc.
- Money and/or Debit/Credit Cards for incidentals (stored in secure lockup).
- Wristwatch (no smart watches)
- Water bottle and travel coffee mug
- Preloaded MP3 Player (must not have a camera), headphones
- Cigarettes – if you are a smoker
- * in original containers
- ** printed from your pharmacy (if possible)
What should you leave behind?
- Suggestive, tight fitting clothing: jeggings, leggings, skinny jeans, skirts, clothing exposing cleavage, see-through garments, etc.
- Clothing suggestive of or promoting alcohol or drug use, racism, sexism, pornography, or homophobia.
- Clothing suggestive of alcohol or drug use or clothing that promotes sexism, hate, racism or homophobia.
- Electronic devices (tablets, kindles/e-readers, cameras, laptops, camera enabled MP3 players or any other device with wifi capability)
- Cologne or perfume – we are a scent free facility
- Drug paraphernalia
- Valuables or jewelry
- Expensive sunglasses or watches
- Food and / or drinks
- Alcohol based products
- Candles or incense
- Electric blankets or heating pads