At SAMH, we understand that the most challenging part about going to treatment is the first phone call and the time in-between admission. Our staff is here to support you right from the beginning. A staff member will work with you right up until you arrive on-site. When arriving at Simcoe Rehab and beginning the intake process, staff will immediately do a thorough search through clients’ belongings to ensure no prohibited items are being brought into the establishment. Should our staff discover that there are items that do not meet our community guidelines (illegal substances which will be discarded), our team will gladly keep those items safe until you complete your program.
We understand that sometimes the idea of making such a life-changing commitment may be challenging and may lead to anxiety and fear. Let us make this process as easy as possible by supporting you and your loved ones.
Before admission, you will be required to complete a confidential pre-assessment, and a dedicated team member will be available to support you through this process.
A short administration process will follow. Once intake documents are completed, a house tour will be provided, and you will be shown to your room.
To participate in Simcoe Addiction & Mental Health, you must be:
- Over 18 years of age
- Capable of self-care
- Physically and medically stable to take part in treatment
- Motivated to take part in your recovery
Note: Complimentary Laundry facility on-site with detergent and fabric softener provided. Bedding and towels are provided.
What should you bring to treatment?
* = in original containers
** = printed from your pharmacy (if possible)
- Photo ID (e.g. Drivers License, Passport, Govt ID)
- Health Card, Private Insurance, Insurance Card with your name included/attached
- Social Services Documentation such as Ontario Works and Ontario Disability Support Program (Bring the most recent benefits slips ex: Dental/Drug)
- Medical & Prescription Coverage Cards (if applicable)
- *Prescribed Medication in their original containers. Liquid Prescriptions must be sealed.
- *Unopened over-the-counter medication and supplements
- **A list of all medications with dosages and frequencies** (All medications will be given to medical staff for monitoring)
- A list of all treating physicians and psychiatrists, along with phone numbers
- A list of names and contact details of all loved ones.
Personal Items and Hygiene:
Simcoe Addiction and Mental Health does not have a dress code in place.
However, we ask that all clients dress appropriately and leave all revealing clothing or clothing with labels/messages that could be offensive or compromise sobriety at home.
Please Note: Each client is permitted to bring ONE suitcase.
- Weather appropriate comfortable clothing
- Fitness wear (sweats, shorts, running shoes)
- Modest bathing suits for aqua therapy
- Raincoat/umbrella for inclement weather
- Indoor shoes
- Sunscreen and bug repellent
- Toiletries: make-up, shampoo, soap, toothbrush, shaving articles, hairdryer, straightener, etc.
- Money and Debit/Credit Cards for incidentals (stored in secure lockup).
- Wristwatch (no smart watches)
- Water bottle and travel coffee mug.
- Preloaded MP3 Player (must not have a camera)
- *Cigarettes – if you are a smoker. Smoking cigarettes is permitted in designated outdoor areas – Please ensure you bring enough cigarettes for the duration of your stay.
- Vape pen – All cartridges must be sealed and in original packing.
What should you leave behind?
Please see the list below for all items not accepted within Simcoe Addiction and Mental Health treatment facility.
Note: Some electronics may be permitted though the ones listed below are prohibited. We will gladly hold any prohibited items within a locked storage area.
- Clothing that is suggestive of alcohol or drug use or clothing promoting sexism, hate, racism or homophobia.
- Electronic devices (tablets, kindles/e-readers, cameras, laptops, camera-enabled MP3 players or any other device with wifi capability)
- DVDs, Movies, Gaming Systems
- Cologne or perfume – we are a scent-free facility.
- Drug paraphernalia
- Tabacco Products – Cigars, Cigarillos, and pipes are not permitted – Please read the personal items section for items that are permitted.
- Valuables, large amounts of cash or jewelry
- Expensive sunglasses or watches
- Food and/or drinks
- Alcohol-based products
- Candles or incense
- Weapons – Guns, Knives, Scissors, Razors, Sharp objects of any kind.
- Electric blankets or heating pads
- Gambling Paraphernalia – Playing cards, dice, OLG Games etc.
If you have any additional questions about what you can or cannot bring to Simcoe Addiction and Mental Health, please email us via our contact form below or call us at 1-833-304-8181.